Tuesday, March 31, 2009

AND ANOTHER THING

Just because I smoke is no reason to push harder to making me even closer to the pocerty line. "Smoking kills..." "Smokers are second class citizens..." "Make smokers pay higher taxes to pay for health care this and health care that..."

AHEM "KISS MY A**!!!!!"

Did I say it loud enough? No? Shall I shout it? Look, I know smoking is a bad and unhealthy habit. BUT that's no reason to target me and my kind. How many smokers have killed someone simply because they were smoking?

You want to attack smokers because they smoke, how about a little equality? Why don't you target drinkers? I get really sick and tired of people slamming because I smoke. I can't go sit in a restaurant and have a cigarette--but I can be subjected to watchikng people guzzle down glass after glass of booze, growing louder and more offensive with every drink--and there's not a damn word I can say about. THEN I have to worry about climbing into my car and knowing that those same idiots are behind the wheel of a car somewhere around me and my family.

But Donica, I hear you saying, drinking and driving IS illegal. RIIIGGGHHTTT I know it is--but how many people still get behind the wheel after guzzling and are never stopped? Then this means they weren't too drunk to drive---WRONG they were just lucky--this time.

Drinking and driving is a cery sensative subject and I'm not trying to downplay it--not by any means. I enjoy an occassional drink. What I am saying is Alcohol is as destructive--if not more so, than smoking.

Alcoholics have serious heath issues that insurance companies get whammied for--yet no one is banning alcohol, making it more expensive to drink, taxing it out the wazoo. Drinking kills more people than smoking--look at all the drivers who kill and maim. Children left without parents...parents without children...

Let's see some equality. Either start raising taxes on drinking or leave off the taxes on smoking!

No comments: