Thursday, October 25, 2007

How Sweet It Is


My Favorite Halloween Treats treats


Everyone loves candy--right? I've heard of a couple people who don’t like chocolate (oh blasphemers!) I'm a chocoholic. I'm a candy freak. I live for sweet treats. So what are my favorites? See what I've listed below:

1. Hershey's Cacao reserve milk chocolate. Oh. My. Giddy aunt. It's almost orgasmic.

2. Heath bars. Yummy. Chocolate, crunchy, umm now I'm craving one!

3. Butterscotch disks. Reminds me of my childhood. My granny and grandpa had a café and there was a candy counter under the register. Each Sunday I got a roll of butterscotch lifesavers to suck on during church. Then I got a butterschotch milkshake with my lunch.

4. Sour apple charms sucker—not the blow pops the plain sucker. Again reminds me of my childhood. When I was little grandpa would take me to town and we went to the bank, the Woolworth's where he got me the sucker then it was off to the sale barn. The smell of those animals, perfume of the gods to me. The sucker, heavenly. Man do I miss those days.

5. Toostsie pops. Escpecially the chocolate ones. I'm still trying to figure out how many licks to the center of the tootsue pop. I end up sucking and biting before I find out. I do know its more than three—despite what Mr. Owl said!

6. M&Ms. Melt in your mouth not in your hand…I LOVE those chocolately little disks of pleasure!

7. Reece's Peanutbutter cups. You got choclate on my peanutbutter. You got peanutbutter on my chocolate. What a wonderful combination! I could eat those by the case.

8. Chickosticks. I have no idea what is in them. They taste like a butterfinger wihtout the chocolate. They were rolled in like coconut or something instead of the chocolate. Like I say, I have no idea what they were made of or what specific taste they were supposed to have, I only know I love them.

9. Milkyway. The light fluff and caramel. Um!

10. Caramel Apples. The sweet sticky caramel, the crisp flavor of the apples. I want one now!

11. Smartees. A soursweet blend.

12. Bottlecaps. Another wonderful texture that really tastes great. Especially the rootbear flavor ones

13. Poprocks. Do you remember those? I used to eat them by the dozen. I still enjoy them when I can find them which, suprisingly enough, isn't often.
What are some of your favorite treats?




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've now forced me to go and seek out a caramel apple and heath bar today. I hope you're happy with yourself. LOL.

Great list,

~X

Tilly Greene said...

Mmm, heath bars, m&m's, reeces peanut butter cups, okay, let's call it what it is - chocolate, chocolate tarted up for me. It's all good :-)

Yummy list, now I'll take another nibble from the toffee mom sent me - oh yes, lovely!

Huggles back at yeah darlin' :-)

Carrie Lofty said...

Peanut butter cups, Goetze's caramel creams, and Dove dark. Yes please!

Tempest Knight said...

Oooooooooohhhh... Milky Way, M&Ms and Hershey... delicious! *drools*

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Unfortunately, around here, there's meth that looks and smells like pop rocks! Aaugh! What a way to ruin a great candy!!

Otherwise, peanut butter cups are where it's AT. M&Ms are year-round over here. They keep me sane.

Ann said...

Mmm, peanut butter cups, that's what I forgot on my list. Yumm.

Sam said...

I love Heath bars. Can't get them here!
*sniff*