Thursday, April 09, 2009

A T13!!!!

As you all know by now, I'm a music freak. Life wouldn't be life for me unless there was music to it. Out of all the bands I've highlighted I've never shared my absolute positive FAVORITE of all time. The one band that has no equal. There was never another sound like it and there never will be. The lead singer was a gifted, talented albeit eccentric man who confused and entertained the world. His vocals would rival the most classically trained operatic ones--including the great Luciano Pavarotti himself. Actually this amazing tenor performed in a tribute to Freddy you can see this here. (And another fan created a video of what it would be like if these two amazing men had actually performed together. See that here In fact this great singer was an opera fan who had the chance to sing with the operatic diva Montserrat Caballa for the Barcelona Olympics. You can click here to see this amazing video.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm talking about the great Freddy Mercury and the equally talented men who all gelled so beautifully and brought to life the phenomenia known as Queen.

Here are some of my top picks of all their songs but the order I have them in ISNT the order of my favorites. I can't pick tops like that. However, here are 13 of my must hear favorites:


1. I’m going Slightly Mad



2. I want to Break Free



3. Bohemian Rhapsody



4. Somebody to Love


5. The Show Must Go On


6. Who Wants to Live Forever


7. These Are the Days of Our Lives


8. Year of 39


9. Seven Seas of Rhye


10. Radio Ga Ga


Queen also did movie sound tracks including Highlander and Flash:

11. Princes of the Universe:


12. A kind of Magic


13. Flash Gordon


As a bonus, here is a relatively unheard song. Actually you'll probably only recognize it if you watched Flash over a dozen times or more...
14. The Kiss


Okay, I'm done...LOL

Have a terrific rest of the week! Hugz to you all!
Donica


2 comments:

Cindy K. Green said...

Great T13 Donica! I learned to love Queen due to my husband's admiration and yes we have the movies and soundtracks to Flash Gordon and Highlander. Okay who doesn't love Highlander anyway. :D Terrific song picks.

Janice Seagraves said...

Yay, Queen! We where at 80's Suchi today and they were playing a music vid of Mr. Roboto.

My teen years was puctuated by the songs of Queen, Sticks, Journey and of course the BeeGees.

My favorite was always Bohemian Rhapsody, but I like the Highlander song too.

Happy TT, I did one too.

Janice~