Monday, March 30, 2009

So, Mondays don't totally suck...

I've been under the weather for more than a week. Getting up and sitting at the computer has been a real challenge for me since I've gotten ill but dragging my butt over today really gave me a boost.

First off, I found my first review for Storm Chasing. Orange Blossom at Long and Short Reviews reviewed it and she had such wonderful things to say. She gave Storm and Vance's tale a 4.5 out of 5. Here are just a few snippets of what Orange Blossom had to say:

"...I love that this series is written about smart (yet sexy) men--scientific men. They are Alpha mixed with Beta so I guess that makes them Gammas. Ms. Covey shows us that smart is sexy--at least I found myself more attracted to a man with a brain. It isn’t all about the body, ladies...If you like your paranormals with a humorous flare, witches who control the elements and fall in love like the rest of us then make sure to read Storm Chasing. Curl up with it close to the fire on a cold, stormy night. It’s sure to keep you warm..." If you care to read all that Orange Blossom had to say, please go to the LASR Blog here: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.com/2009/03/storm-chasing-by-donica-covey.html

Then there was a special email in my box and I truly hope the sender won't mind that I comment about it. here are few kind words: I just wanted to write to you to tell you how much I enjoyed your book, "Callye's Justice"when I started reading, it just sucked me in and would not let go till long after I finished the book...You are such a talented writer....I could see and feel the characters and all that they went through ! ! ! I am waiting (with not so much patience) for your next book in the Gateway Guardians series, "Betraying Chase"....I love to read Romantic Suspense and you are one of my favorite authors, I am so glad that I read Callye's Justice and became a fan of yours.Please continue writing in this series....you are fantastic ! ! ! ! I have to tell you THIS is what its all about! Knowing that someone enjoyed my book enough that they took time out of their life to stop and write me a note like this...It's really all I hope for. So THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART LORA!

It gave me a real boost! Now I don't feel quite as miserable...although my bed is seductively calling my name again...Either that or the current medication has a really fun side effect....

Hope you all have a wonderful day and a fantastic week!

Hugz
Donica

No comments: