Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Loves

I watch a lot of classic television. TV Land is one of my favorite channels because I can flip over there and know that I’m not going to have to watch a program loaded with gratuitous violence and sex.

Well, I just saw clips for a new reality show they’re going to be doing. (Reality shows are another big YUCK on my list). Anyway the show is called First Love, Second Chances and they’re putting out the call to fill the cast by asking for people who are eligible to contact them so they can be reunited with their first loves.

I’m not going to lie, I have occasionally wondered how my first love was. Did he find happiness; is he healthy, did his dreams come true? There has even been an odd occasion that I played the What If game—what if I’d married him instead how would my life be different. (Other than the obvious answers, i.e. I wouldn’t have my son, my daughter or my little Alyx) Would I still be a writer? Would I be as close to my best friend as I am? Would I have accomplished my dream of being an EMT?

How about you? Have you ever wondered about your first love? Given the chance would you want to be reunited with them?

For me, I think the answer would be no. While I’d love to see him, catch up and see how he is, the times I’ve thought about this whole scenario, the song Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks plays like a sound track to the thoughts.

If given the chance, would you want to be reconnected with your first love? Inquiring minds and nosey writers want to know!

Hugz
Donica

No comments: